Inimex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of Innate Defense Regulators (IDRs), novel first in class drugs that selectively modulate the body's innate defenses without causing inflammation.
IDR products have major market potential for infectious disease, side effects of cancer therapies, and inflammatory disease. These products will significantly reduce morbidity and mortality in the rapidly growing population of "at-risk" immune suppressed and elderly patients. IDR products will also benefit healthcare payors by reducing costs associated with hospitalization.
New paradigm for Infectious Disease treatment:
- For patients that don’t do well with current antibiotics;
- Addresses the growing antibiotic resistance problem;
- Extensive data from animal testing, covering a list of disease states;
- Not an antibiotic—modulates host innate response;
- Phase 2-ready lead product, IMX942, is a water soluble, 5 amino acid peptide for IV administration ;
- Active in vivo in broad range of bacterial models as well as models of mucositis, colitis and skin injury;
- Enhances antibiotic activity without increasing inflammation;
- Well tolerated in placebo-controlled Phase 1 trial in healthy volunteers;
- Low cost ABSSSI proof of concept Phase 2 planned;
- Strong patent position;
- Substantial market potential.